RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting back into hobby - Best online suppliers?
Old 02-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Getting back into hobby - Best online suppliers?

When I have a new student I still go through the Tower catalog with them so for brand new pilots tower is still OK. Nothing at all like they used to be but just OK. I don't like there hobbico electronics so I go to Hanger nine or Horizon for things like chargers or meters. Servo City is a good place for finding deals on servos and RXs. I also use Central Hobbies for different items. It all depends on what you are looking for and the size and type of planes you are building. I don't feel that tower is the best but for beginners it's pretty hard to beat. If you do an on line search you will find a lot of good places. Look for adds in magazines then see what the places have to offer. I'm blessed with hobby shops close by so now days my mail orders have gone down to almost nothing. My last mail order I found the servos and RXs I needed on sale at Servo City, I ordered engine bearings from bearings.com and some engine parts for my YS engines from YS service or Central. I don't fly ARFs so I don't order them at all but some of my old students have been getting them from Nitroplanes.com or Horizon and tower.