RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting back into hobby - Best online suppliers?
Old 02-08-2010, 03:30 PM
shootnstarz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting back into hobby - Best online suppliers?

I too buy from Tower if they have what I need, not just because of the price but I've had excellent service, light speed shipping and the super saver club discounts. I bought my latest radio from them along with 2 flight packs. The two flight pack receivers, 168s, both had problems but the receiver that came with the radio, a 148, worked great and still does.
I asked Tower to replace the two 168s with 148s and I would happily pay the cost difference, $40 each. Tower sent me the two new 148's at no additional charge. This along with their customer service will have my business as long as they keep it up.

I'm sure most of the aforementioned business' customer service is excellent also, I know I've had good service with Horizon. But as long as Tower's in business they'll get first dibs on my limited hobby money.

Also don't forget your local hobby shop. I try to do as much business as I can with them and most prices aren't all that much more than mail order. Plus you get face to face help and advice. They help support our club and events with generous donations so try to throw a few bucks their way also.

Rick