RCU Forums - View Single Post - Toyota Recall
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 02:23 PM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Toyota Recall

Yes, I'm sick of hearing about it too. But, it is a big deal. Hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of cars, trucks and suvs being recalled is not a small issue. Production shut down on all new vehicles until they begin installation of the new pedal design, retraining their workers and dealers trying to fix all these vehicles quickly.

The brake issue with the Prius is a major deal as well. If you're going 60 mph, any delay in brake engagement is a big problem. A couple milliseconds is all it takes to turn a minor situation into a life and death issue.

Will it hurt Toyota's legendary reliability, yup. But that's exactly what they needed. Maybe now people will realize their vehicles aren't worth the asking price and they will stop paying outrageous prices for ugly, boring, looks-like-everything-else-cheeseboxes.

I miss the days when you could see a car's headlights in the dark and know exactly what it was...

PS- Who do you think will wind up paying for this massive recall? Yup, future Toyota owners. Price bumps will happen in the next year or two.