RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flight P-47 .60 size kit questions.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:35 PM
GaryHarris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flight P-47 .60 size kit questions.

ORIGINAL: P-40 DRIVER

A Four Star is a very forgiving airplane to mistakes. If you say you can fly a Four Star does not mean much. Can you take it off smoothly straight down the run way. Can you land it on the center line doing a power on approach with constant rate decent to touch down that is smooth and controlled consistantly? Can you compensate for wind without alot of issues. If yes, then okay, but if your just giving the go and yanking it off the ground and landing is a power off and hope you land on the runway somewhere in one piece, then no. Hanger Nine P-47,less to cry about, when it goes splat. The less stuff you put in the plane, the better it will fly and the less it will cost. Magnum 120 puts out about same power as a saito 100, Saito 100 is more then enough power for that plane assuming you don't build a brick.

Good question. With the 4*60 I could fly it very well. Greased every landing, rolls, whatever. But with my 4*40, it's a little bit of a handfull, especially since I increased the controll surfaces and it's been so windy here lately. But Ill get better with time. Speaking of time, itll probably be 6-8 months before I finish the P-47 and will have plenty more stick time before then.