RCU Forums - View Single Post - BVM T-33 Build
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 04:05 PM
f6hlct
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BVM T-33 Build

I have a question regarding the flap portion of the build. I have read the instructions and looked at the plans a hundred times, but something is just not adding up. As you can see from the photos, the hinge line of the flap is recessed 1/16” compared to the aileron to accommodate the vertical filler strip, and this concurs with what the plans show. The problem is that with the wing in place, this should all line up with the panel line on the fuse wing stub, but it does not. The 1/16 strip is just sitting there for now as I do not want to make any rash decisions until everything looks right. Logic says that I should cut on the panel line which also concurs with the glass / CF flap bottom sheet. My other question is regarding WF-1 which is the hinge point out at the aileron edge. In the photo, I have it lined up per the instructions where they suggest that the foam be cut away. It seems to be sitting way to high. I would love to see some photos and descriptions to clarify what is going wrong here.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50155.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	1387996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26315.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	1387997   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90244.jpg
Views:	103