RCU Forums - View Single Post - My Mato Shermans Tx is broke.
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 02:28 PM
SNOWTANK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Mato Shermans Tx is broke.

ORIGINAL: 1sgt

ORIGINAL: BIGMIG

I don't think I have seen any other tank posted on this forum with all the reported problems this tank seems to have.Was this the same tank everyone seemed to be talking about several months back and how great it was going to be and everyone was going to buy several of them.Reminds me of all the hype that was posted on the motorro KT and what a flop it turned out to be.???????? Still trying to figure out whats good about this tank from what I have seen posted here so far.????

BIGMIG ..........????

P.S. Be interesting to know how many members here actually bought them.............I know a few guys have.You don't hear much of the Matorro KT on here anymore.??? I allways thought they were a good looking tank but seemed to be a basket case inside them from most of the posts on here.?

BigMig,
I own both. The Sherman has worked well. I did have a bit of a problem with the tank skewwing to the right when it was brand new, but the problem seems to have corrected itself ( I think that the track on the right side was a bit tighter then the left) My sherman actually feel from a shelf of four feet high onto a concrete floor. The only damage was a tail light guard and it snapped a track. I glued the guard back together and used the spare track sections to repair the track, runs like a charm ( knock on wood LOL )
The KT is a good tank other then the small battery( 1500 mah's) Runs much better with a more powerfull battery. For the size though, it is light and has problems in semi high grass. I think some metal gears and tracks would fix that ( I'm still saving for my Panther G so they'll have to waite). All in all, I'm happey with both tanks and the family pets hate them LOL.

Jim

Hey Jim I ran my KT in semi tall grass for 2hrs. I ran the tank up 35 degree 6ft slopes with 6 ft of flat between the hills. The grass was terraced as an outdoor theater. I went up 4 of these slopes for a good half hour climbed down again and went up a steep hill . The KT fell backwards and rolled 8ft downhill. The only casuality was the TC who lost his arm that was holding the MG. I was using Dreadnought 3000 nimh battery. The Tank being so light I guess it had no issue climbing over the grass.