RCU Forums - View Single Post - Stable, but aerobatic, plane
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2002, 02:59 PM
Mike Rojas
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stable, but aerobatic, plane

I have flown the Koysho Super Stearman with the OS 52FS,and it did fly well,however we have two of them at our feild,one inthe PT17 version and the other in the orange and white version,BOTH planes had wing incidence problems with the top wing,I am not sure if it was + or-,but both planes jumped off the runway as soon as throttle was applied and kept climbing,I had to fly with down elevator to keep it level and also to land.After we found the incidence problem they both did fine.I would think you could probally handle it,but check that incidence before that first flight.You could always get a more experienced pilot to fly it with you or maybe even use the cord for the first flight.Both of the guys who had the ones I mentioned used this as their second plane and seem to have done fine.If you would like to try something elese,my second plane was the GP Extra 300s ARF,it is a very well built and nice looking plane.It flies very well and lands well,it doesn't land like a trainer but it is pretty straight forward with a little bit of speed.It is covered with Monokote and I think it is about $189.00.Good luck,and be sure to check that incidence.