RCU Forums - View Single Post - KMP Hurricane - maiden
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 06:44 PM
balistc1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP Hurricane - maiden

ORIGINAL: jmohn

Well I finally got a chance to do the first flight of my KMP Hurricane. I was planning on putting a Saito 36 gas motor in the plane, but just couldn't get the motor to fit nicely. I ended up going electric with an Eflite Power 160 on two 5000 mah 6S packs. It took off at 1/2 trottle and flew great with almost no trim adjustment. I pulled the gear up and it ballooned up. I added some down elevator and it was fine again. It appears that the gear doors act like speed brakes when down. They are at a 45 degree angle to the wind and pull the nose down hard. I have to figure out some way to get them to turn when extended. Anyway, it flew awsome and was very fast and really didn't need more than 1/3 to 1/2 trottle to fly scale. Landing was a little tricky with a lot of wind gusting down the runway, but it came down fine with no problem.

I am very impressed by the plane and how it flys. It looks so real in the air and is very easy to fly. Another good one Andrew!

Beautiful plane! Just wondering if you have to take the wing off to change the batteries?