RCU Forums - View Single Post - KMP Hurricane - maiden
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 08:13 AM
sonny2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP Hurricane - maiden

Ihave just finished myEMSTroy built 82inchHawker Hurricane and had several problems with it during construction but the end results are the most of what Ineed to have some clarafication on.
1. the manual shows the CG to be 120 MM or 4-3/4 inchesaft of the leading edge but alsothe ilustration picturein the manualshows it in the center and in the rear of the two wheel wells which is 152 MM or 6 inches aft of the leading edge. Which is correct?
2. The manual shows the flying weight to be15 pounds, my weight came to 17-1/2 pounds.
3. I electrified my Hurricanewith a Hacker 60-20S motor,Castel Creation 85HVESC, and BEC PRO with two 5S 5800MAH Li-po batteries, [10 cells]. Ihave all componets up forwardas far as possible and the airplane is still tail heavy at 120MM/4-34" and if I used the 152MM/6", the aircraft would balance andwould not be nose heavyat all! What is recommeded before I take this airplane for it's first flight?
3. Ihave EMS RETRACTS on the airplane and had many factory faults with fittings and retract valve, after correcting all of those faults the biggest fault that Ihave now, is that there is left and right play in the wheels, one wheel has about an 1/8 inch slop back and forth and the other wheel has about a 1/4 inch slop back and forth, this is due to the spring compressed struts containment pin has too much clearance in the slot that it rides up and down in. Do I fly it this way?
4. The wheel fairings with the gear down are at an angle that I would consider to be a lot of drag or act like a speed brake because they are almost perpendicular to the wind, actual maybe 40 degrees to the forward wind. Is it safe to fly this aircraft this way.
I ask for everyones opinon on this facts. Please and thank you.
Sonny2