RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is up with Neu?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 08:44 AM
LCHelilover
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is up with Neu?

I have delayed this flame for a while now but I just want to know if it is just me or is it really hard to get a Neu Motor?

My Saga starts 2.5 years ago when I saw the F3A Neumotors at the Nats in Todd Blose, Chip Hyde and a few other planes. They all were giving high praise and said the motors would be "in production" in the near future. Castle Creations was announced as the "distributor" so I spent about 4 months intermittently talking to people there who seemed to have no clue what I was talking about, or said they'd call me "when it was available".......so around Christmas I decided to go with something else and did.

At the Nats last summer, again "production Neu Motors" recieved more visibility and praise, so I decided to try one in this winter's project. Before Christmas last year, I called Castle and ordered a Neu F3A and they actually knew what I was talking about and sent me an invoice saying the motor would be shipped directly from Neu and "they are on an 8 week build time". So somewhat dissappointed, I set my calendar for mid February and put the otherwise completed Pentathlon Evo aside waiting for motor installation. Mid February has come and gone, so two weeks ago <early March> I started trying to find out what was going on. It took me a week of repeated phone calls and emails to Castle before I finally got a reply forwarded from Neu saying that "we are waiting for a part and expect to have the motor out in 2 to three weeks".

I still don't have a motor and it's not an April fools joke!

Is it just me?

George