RCU Forums - View Single Post - SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 09:34 PM
MsgtRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

ORIGINAL: Joystick TX

ORIGINAL: MsgtRob
I switched props to Mejzlik 18X6 on stock muffler. I got 9200 RPMs on the ground. Was flying great until I had a radio cliche. I had no control until about 3 ft from the deck, slammed through a huge tumbeweed and amazingly recovered!!! I flew it back about 75 yards and landed her like a B-17 coming back from a mission over Berlin. HOLY@$#%!!
She took some flack horizontals,elevator, left wing, flap and aileron required complete recovering. The good news, the Giant Stick airframe is good to go. THis is one RUGGID model!

The Syssa stayed running and helped me save the plane.
Glad your Stick was able to take a bea.... (wait, that may sound bad) survive the impact.

I think if my engine got up to 9200 RPMs the DB police would be after me. I try to keep below 8500.

How has the engine been running lately, did you get through a gallon of fuel yet?
Thanks,
Engine is doing well so far. I have a gallon through it with max RPM at 9500 for the Mejzlik 18 X 6. I tuned it down to 9200 on the ground. It was loud but not any concern where Im flying. I prefer the 18 x 8 and am looking for a Mejzlik. I've re-covered the stick and it looks as good as new. I still can't believe it survived with so little structural damage. Its a TANK! More flying this weekend...