RCU Forums - View Single Post - .18 Mono
Thread: .18 Mono
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:30 PM
toyotatruckin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .18 Mono

I dont use Teflon liners on any boats, shaft I used is a .150 with a 3/16 stub and 1/4" stuffing tube, You can drop the stuffing tube down to 7/32 and I have done this before But its not "normal" so to say since the bearings are 7/32 with a 1/4 stop collar for a 3/16 stub....To run the smaller tube you will need to make the end of the tube the bearing or have a step in it someplace, what I mean by the stuffing tube the actual bearing is run the tube the full length allowing no bearing space-drill your holes(or slots) in the end of the stuffing tube itself then put a 1/4 sleeve soldered over the holes so it fits the strut correctly.Also need to make the stuffing tube removable, which is not uncommon you would need to glass in a 1/4 tube into the hull aka the stuffing box, (just a short one) and run the stuffing tube through the stuffing box, makes for easy removal and no re-glassing if you ever have to replace the stuffing tube, below are some pictures showing how I did a vegas with the smaller tube, but my way is not the only way