RCU Forums - View Single Post - Short Course what? Mini-T to SC conversion project
Old 04-09-2010, 06:45 AM
Sancho1388

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Short Course what? Mini-T to SC conversion project

Hey guys/gals

The Story :

This project began as a end to my chassis snapping days. before I started I've been through 3 Chassis's (4 if you include the one my little brother stomped on) and 4 bulk heads. i got really tired of it. so i started to design an aluminum chassis. since no one makes one for the Mini T i decided id make one. at first i was just gonna make a plain jane flat chassis copy. then i want alittle longer wheel base so i matched the Desert Truckmeasurements. after looking the the web I came acrossMcCallister bodies and i liked the Camaro late model body. so i made the wheel base the same as the late model and then blah blah blah blah blah. long story short i ended up making the wheel base almost perfect for a 16th slash and when I mean almost i mean I'm 2mm off lol think i can live with 2mm. ok now who is up for some pics?

How it went down :

Thebeginningof the plan
at first i went brain storming for a couple hours boss helped alot. hes been in RC for longer then i've been alive

this is what we came up with

the tranny/shock tower mocked and "bolted in"

Same with the front suspension. i know its flat now but we are gonna fix that in a sec.

as you can see i couldnt wait to put wheels and tires on

lets see if i can bend this

BLING!!!!!!

Hey i can see my self!

steering wanted to fight us so we said screw it and redesigned its no biggy.

and the finished product wel allmost still waiting on my new wheels, tires and body