RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Hawk build
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 02:29 PM
Yellow355F1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro Hawk build

a lot of parts are interchangeable between the different traxxas chassis, those rear arms are slash/n-rusty arms and the steering assembly is the same from like 4 different electric models. the tranny gears in thisre-released version are the same as the new breed of 1/10th 2wd trucks from trx
Yet more good useable info. The steering assembly on this Hawk is very sloppy and has to much play in it. Leave it to Traxxas to not over complicate everything by having to redesign the gearing and every little detail on thier RC's That keeps us Vintage RC junkies in parts. Thanks for the info.

the one thing i must warn you about if you plan to restore and run it is plastic rc parts don't hold up well to the test of time
Oh yea as I have found..... I ruined an RC I bought and built new years ago by not thinking of just that. Just because it could take those kinds of hits then by no way means it will now.

You can tell by looking at the Hawk the arms look VERY brittle, and could snap just looking at them. They appear to have some cracking as it is. The rc's I got along with this one sat in a shed for years before I wound up with them. So being the types of conditions they were stored in I'll bet the arms will have to be replaced. Looks like this thing is really just good for parts as bad as it is. I have NEVER seen one in such rigged conditions. I bash mine spiritedly but, I dont bash them to death. Kind of makes me wonder just what I'll find restoring the others I got from him?.....