RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Magazine -Whould you buy it?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AMA Magazine -Whould you buy it?

Model Aviation is a unique product. As a magazine it is a service of a non-profit organization and should, IMO, be for the benefit of the membership. Unfortunately, IMO, the magazine has become a vehicle to promote only those that produce the magazine. To me, the magazine relates to an old saying, author unknown at the moment, but I like it: "Economics is a thing developed strictly to provide employment for Economists." IMO, so true.

The advertisements in MA pay only for themselves. The magazine informational material is paid for by the membership, resulting as the number one expense - except employees - of the AMA itself. The Auditor's annual reports evidence the previous sentence.

Reference your question, since I belong to the organization that supports the magazine, I and all the other members pay for the magazine now. Would I subscribe to the current format? Yes, I probably would, although I could do without the advertising. I am a long time - some 60+ - years member of AMA and I like to keep in touch with AMA.

Now, you sir, say your are recently back, (2010 to RCU) but no information as to how long you really have with the "hobby". You do not reveal that you supposedly have 10 years in RC. What do you now fly? You appear to be a big-bird IMAC person with your previous 96 posts on RCU starting in Jan. 2010.

Actually, I am not really certain that I would give you credit for being able to judge MA with the current information you have revealed about your own opinion of the magazine. Now I ask if you just may be a person interested in the take-over of that magazine from its current status of being an IRC 501 (c) (3) Unrelated Business entity? And/or, are you checking things out to see if the time is ripe for such a take-over by some that may be interested in such a move?