RCU Forums - View Single Post - Newbie question
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 12:06 AM
wayshwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie question

Welcome to RC motos!
I also run rc helis and cars/trucks. I've run rc motos for over 8 years. I run the 1/8 scale kyoshos.
Yes the physics are the same as a real moto or a bicycle. Speed determines turn radius, although like real rcaebikes, you can force a sharp turn at speed byletting off throttle while drastically diving into the turn just like real onroad racebikes. Lean way into the turnand let off the throttle! Such fun!
Turning out is JUST like real bikes - countersteer out of the turn while powering up the throttle! So if youre leaving a left turn, give some right turn to straighten out then throttle up! With practice you can even wheelie out of a turn like The Doctor himself!

Gyros will not work for onroad bikes, although the dirt bikes do require them.

Brushless power will give you wheelies, but they are only good for breaking and ruining your precious moto that you spent hours building and tweaking!

Enjoy!

Wayshwing

-
Gday guys

I just got an r/c bike and are new to them, been around r/c helis & boats most my life, but find these bikes callenging to say the least !
Can someone explain the basic fundermentals of bike operation
Like do you need to get up to speed quick to stop it tipping ?
How to turn in?
How to turn out ?
Wheelies ?
Do heli gyros work or is it just a matter of getting the wheels turning to create its bike gyro effect ?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated !
Regards
Craig