RCU Forums - View Single Post - Simple redundant pwr. Battery + BEC.
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 02:54 PM
2Sunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Simple redundant pwr. Battery + BEC.

Keith,

I'm a little surprised myself, as I would think a redundant power supply for the rx plus the ability to eliminate the need for rx battery recharging would be attracting a lot more interest, but none the less, I am excited to get this out and fly tomorrow. Been rainy last couple of days so lots of tinkering in the basement, but no flying yet. Also of some minor interest, prior to making this change my plane weighed exactly 3720g (minus main batteries, but with the rx battery installed) and now with a BEC and a 250 mAh rx battery the plane weighs 3721g. Go figure!

Its not like I'm worried about weight in this plane so actually I'm thinking of taking this setup one step further by paralleling two BECs as extra-extra insurance. If I join their outputs through a y connection into the same rx power input, I'll have 5 amps of power on both the primary and the secondary power source plus if one BEC failed the second should be capable of handling the job all by its lonesome. I'd really love to find a small electrical board and put it all on that so I could make it "look" tidy. Guess I'll have to do some Radio Shack shopping

Joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd90826.jpg
Views:	505
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	1426356