RCU Forums - View Single Post - thwe truth about some of these so called rc clones
Old 05-01-2010, 12:40 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: thwe truth about some of these so called rc clones

ORIGINAL: mrgoodbar

ORIGINAL: proanti1

ORIGINAL: mrgoodbar

ORIGINAL: proanti1

You are basically copying someone else design... and disregarding any patents that may be in effect, I have zero respect for that.
If you had any knowledge of the subject you would know that no major manufacturer ''patents'' any of their rc cars or trucks, and haven't done so in quite some time. So in the greater scheme of things they are opening themselves up to this cloning, by shipping their designs overseas for production so as to save on manufacturing costs and to increase profits, They've brought it on themselves.
about 10 years ago, OS was in court for copying Novarossi's turbo plug. A complete car cannot be patented, but variations in electronic and motor design can be. What about the Deans plug? It has a patent number... but I see cheap knockoffs on ebay all the time. The medial pro tire? It has a patent... but I guess because its a french company, venom feels like they have the right to copy their honeycomb design. I guarantee I have more knowledge on this subject than the average hobby enthusiast. But thanks for your two cents, the effort was appreciated.
Then you would be wrong, they used to do it all the time back in the day.
Now, just to get all the paperwork through the pipeline would hinder bringing new product to market. Companies just don't have the time.
Ok? Heathkit patented an entire car 40 years ago... that point does not really hold place in this discussion. So you are saying that No current companies have open patents? Even though I see a parent number on a tire?