RCU Forums - View Single Post - Starting over
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 04:40 PM
DeviousDave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Starting over

We all have periods over the years where we are more out of the hobby than into it. It's nothing to stress about-hobbies are supposed to be for enjoying at your leisure and at the amount of exposure you allow yourself. Nothing wrong with going back and training, we all need it from time to time. Really when you look at it, we are all still learning!

The secret to not crashing your glow trainer 33% of the time is to get a durable foam electric to fly at home. I flew electric and competed in pylon for years before my dad gave it a try. He went kicking and screaming too, until I gave him a power system too expensive to shelve one year. After playing with it on the bench a little he went Full Retard on electrics and now has close to 20. He still flies glow and enjoys it, but the difference in his flying ability is very noticeable. He doesn't see it because he flies all the time, but I sure do when I go visit. Much better pilot than he used to be. We used to only fly on Sundays when I would go over; we'd pack up and head to the local school and get them wet and sloppy. Time came for me to work nights and a lot of that flying time was lost. Now he just grabs a freshly charged plane any day of the week and flies his little brains out at the parking lot down the street.