RCU Forums - View Single Post - Starting over
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 06:03 PM
DeviousDave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Starting over

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

Dave, I'm just not having any luck with the leckys,,had two packs swell up on me..charger doesnt show that its working or not, crashed the 450 heli, waited weeks on parts only to find the main shaft bent, dogs ate my goldberg chipmonk, I am dumping all electric on the bay asap....Vic, I didnt think you were there sunday or I woulda gone down to turn one, never had a wing problem with 5 minute epoxy from lowes,..yeah I missed the trainer for just floatin around but with 4 channels...and a muffler...Rog

I feel your pain regarding the battery situation. A couple of things can contribute to it:

Just bad batteries from a bad company (especially if not a major name brand)
being allowed to over discharge
not being nice to them on the first charge
not balancing them
charging too hard

and

using them at their max rated current draw-these packs really aren't as good as their ratings, no matter who sells them.

Some chargers are better than others. I haven't used all of them, but I know people who design them and they tell me which ones to buy.

Buying a heli with local parts availability has always been the name of the game-it was a lot worse in the 80's and 90's when it was mail order only and parts availability was extremely poor.

Wish you were closer, we'd get you tuned up on the electrics and work on your flying...