RCU Forums - View Single Post - Physics of the Funnel?
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 04:35 AM
molokaiboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Physics of the Funnel?

Something has to make the car start to go in one direction before you can countersteer. In your example you said "As the front of the car starts to move left, you quickly steer right causing the rear of the car to slide right..." What caused the car to start to move left at the beginning?
I'm not trying to start an argument about my explanation of the "Physics of a Funnel", but in my defense I'd like to elaborate on my explanation since you have pointed out the video of the funnel in slow motion on the sim. You are correct in that you need to "make the car start to go in one direction before you can countersteer." As you seein thesim the tail is used to set the nose of the heli movingleft and then the pilot counteracts that movement withtheinput from right aileron.

At any rate Icould be wrong but thats just my theory of it all. I'll go out to the field tomorrow and see if Ican figure it out. This has turned into an interesting topic hehehe, got me thinking a little too much, when Ishould just be flying and having fun.

Aloha,
Les