RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brodak MK II .049 RC Engine
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 08:45 PM
digital_trucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brodak MK II .049 RC Engine

Everyone flies .10, .12, and .15 too? Everyone flies with a 4-cylinder inline 4-stroke? That argument doesn't hold up. Have you noticed that every time a crap 1/2A R/C engine stops being made another one pops up? And every time a crap 1/2A R/C engine pops up it's - well - CRAP. There IS a solid market for the kind of 1/2A engine we've all been discussing. The argument that "nobody flies these things much anymore" hasn't stopped PAW from making their lovely little diesels...and right now they essentially have the entire world market cornered in diesels of that size. A manufacturer that made a GOOD 1/2A R/C engine that brings it all together will have the same advantage; a worldwide market all to themselves. It CAN be done and it should be done. If I had the resources I'd do it myself and prove it. Using your argument, why are any engines .61 and smaller being made at all? There are electric solutions readily available that can replace them with all the advantages you've just stated.

I wonder what would happen if all people that continually post comments that "it just isn't profitable, there's no demand, blah-blah-blah" contacted the various established engine manufacturers asking for a good 1/2A R/C engine? Why, I bet we'd get one! Sitting back, waiting and hoping will almost guarantee that you'll just get to do more sitting back waiting and hoping.

Me, I'm gonna whatever I can.