RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flyn' the H9 Funtana Set up's and Mods
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 11:49 AM
jmiracle
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flyn' the H9 Funtana Set up's and Mods

I'm really starting to wonder if the comments I'm reading about this plane snapping and being extremely pitch-sensitive aren't coming from the same people who have reported problems with the wing-dowels?
It seems obvious there's some pretty significant differences in the building/quality of this plane...
Has anyone fixed the wing-dowel problem on their plane and eliminated the movement of the wing in the saddle? If so, can someone report on whether or not this improved the snapping tendancies and/or helped with the pitch sensitivity?
It seems like there's quite a few people out there who are rather frustrated with their Funtana...it would be nice to find out if this is a relatively easy fix.
I know my Funtana does not exhibit any of the snapping issues other people are reporting, and while it did seem pitch sensitive...it was definitely manageable and a little tweaking with a computer radio soften it right up.
The only major difference I have picked up on between mine and others Funtana is that my wing is really almost a press-fit into the wing saddle. Even once the wing-dowels are in the holes, I have to apply some pressure to seat the wing enough to bolt it down. Even before it's bolted down, the wing really doesn't want to move around once it's seated. Maybe I just got lucky??