RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flyn' the H9 Funtana Set up's and Mods
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2003, 03:16 AM
bpryor
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitch sensitivity and expo

Hi tiggerinva,

When people say a plane is pitch sensitive, what they're saying is that it is basically unstable in the pitch axis. This translates to that it takes very little input to make the plane move in the pitch axis, making it uncomfortable to fly because you are constantly chasing the pitch.....I have not flown mine yet, but my bet is that in most cases the complaints about pitch sensitivity is not the result of a design flaw, but a setup flaw. You should do as daveopam just said he's going to do. Set your throws as per the book, and do 95% of your flying on low rates. When you're going to do a 3D maneuver switch to high rates for the maneuver and then switch right back to low rates. Do not try to fly around on high rates, no matter what you have the expo set to.

Now daveopam, about expos. I'll set mine up to start at very high expos on high rates and low expo on low rates. Probably 60-70% on both elevator and rudder and 50-60% on ailerons. I also setup some expo on low rates(20-30%) as it tends to help dampen out your control inputs and helps you to fly smoother, including preventing you from "chasing" the pitch.

I typically setup all my 3D rates on one switch(rudder, elevator and ailerons), and have a separate switch for knifeedge that turns on only rudder high rate which also has any roll or pitch mix needed....then there are other switches I setup for other specific maneuvers, but I think that's getting too complicated for this discussion. Everyone seems to have their own preference on these setup items that go beyond the basics.