RCU Forums - View Single Post - Flyn' the H9 Funtana Set up's and Mods
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2003, 03:28 PM
bpryor
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KE

Tom wrote:

"I'm wondering if everyone is using an adequate servo to reduce 'blow back' and getting full travel out of the rudder."

That's a very excellent question Tom. That had crossed my mind, but since I had a 89 oz servo, I figured that would be plenty. Maybe not. Maybe I should throw in a big digital and see what happens. The results could answer a lot of questions. I'm going to need to move some weight back anyway when I put the Saito in. Bye, Bye pull-pull.

Adrian, what servo are you using on your rudder?

geoharry wrote:

"I noticed a HUGE improvement in KE when I switched the .46 for a .61FX"

Maybe my prop theory has some merit too. I'll find that out too on my next flight.

Tom wrote:

"I'm actually using a MA 14x6.."

I'm starting with the 15X4 because it seemed to be the prop that most people were happy with, but I don't like the weight. I'll be bringing along a couple of wood 14"ers to try.

Tom, I'm sure the CF gear will take a beating. I'm sure the mounting block will give before the gear. BTW, I'm not having any issues with the strength of the gear block on a grass field. I didn't do any mods to it because I didn't want to add weight and the mount looked fine to me....but then again I haven't dropped it in yet. Also, I went to one size up on the tires to 2.5's when I went to the lightweight tires. They're still 1/2 oz lighter than stock.