RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kit or RTF????
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 04:38 PM
formula87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kit or RTF????

ORIGINAL: karlik

I'm 100% with solman on the sim. We have 2hobby stores - one has phoenix, the other has real flight.

The sim you linked at xheli is FMS - you can download the sim free from here - [link]https://www.ushobbysupply.com/downloads.php[/link] You are actually paying 20 bucks for the controller. I have it (the controller) and it's ok for 20 bucks - 4 channel only. The ones that come with phoenix and realflight are much better.
Alright.............. tell me if I am an idiot ...............I am reading all the comments and these are from people who have a vastly more knowledge and experience then I on flying helis since I have never flown........... anyone would have more experience then me. I get one of the "cheap" brands I get the trainer ($6)and the simulator ($20 E-Sky) and I just learn on the sim and practice with the trainer on the heli just power ups andsome throttle50% hovering ect..... just take it easy. The sim you say is 4 chan and the heli Imight get is 6 chan. If I can master that4 chan $20 sim would'nt I have a better chance at flying then without one at all? whatabout the trainer? I justcan't bring myself to spend 100-200 on the sim whenI may not move up in helis. Ijust am getting one tohave fun andmaybe thatwill be it, I have no asperations of spending thousands of dollarson this hobby like I havespent on myracecarbut some in this hobby have spent as much. I just want to move into a "cheaper" hobby (which isa relative term).