RCU Forums - View Single Post - The truth about the t maxx.
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2003, 04:43 PM
Wookie
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The truth about the t maxx.

I had a 2.5 Maxx for a couple of months.

Overall, It's a good truck. It's more durable than the T-Maxx bashers claim, it's very fast, fairly easy to work on (compared to other MT's) and there are tons of spare parts and hop ups available.

The engine, however powerful it may be is pretty much a piece of junk. I'm not sure however if it's the engine it's self or the carburetor. The 2.5 would never hold it's tune, was very sensitive to adjustments and was very sensitive to the weather. I was generally always able to keep my T-Maxx running through a full tank but it took constant adjusting to do so.

At the track the differences in settings was very interesting. For one person the truck would run great with the high speed needle (HSN) set 4.5 turns out, while others this setting would completely flood their engine (had to take them down to around 3 turns out on the HSN). This is what makes me think it's the carburetor and not necessarily the engine.

The truck is very good overall, but to remain a sane human being an upgrade to the engine would be well worth it, say something like the new Fantom .18 or Sirio .18.

I ended up trading mine away for several reasons, one of which was the painfully hard to tune engine.