RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does age have to do with what airplanes you fly?
Old 06-04-2010, 08:42 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does age have to do with what airplanes you fly?

Age and experience aren't the same things, but people often generalize between the two.  If you've flown progressively more advanced and complex models and large scale warbirds are your thing, why not?

I will tell you this, though.  Here at RCU you've asked a lot of the same questions over and over.  Sometimes it seems as though you're looking more for validation on your choices than actual information.  That's just how it appears to me.  The fellows you fly with may have the same sense, if you've conducted yourself in the same way at the field.  How people see you is largely a function of how you present yourself.

Have you flown any smaller warbirds?  Any twins?  If you haven't gotten much time on things like those, I can see where people might try to gently nudge you towards them rather than a large P-51 and four-engined B-17.  I can also remember that when I was 15, I often took those gentle nudges to be critical jabs.