RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does age have to do with what airplanes you fly?
Old 06-05-2010, 07:15 AM
ARUP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does age have to do with what airplanes you fly?

ORIGINAL: LargeScale88

Well I think I'm matured up way more than kids my age. I always fly safe, by the rules, safety comes first. I guess i could say I'm smart because I'm taking college classes right now as a sophmore in high school. I was just wondering what other peoples opinion was. My grandpa thought the same I did. People judge what you can fly by your age, and how long you have been flying, so if they have never seen you fly a warbird, they don't think you can, when you actually can, so thats why I asked.

One reason why I was getting kinda mad is because I said they judge what airplanes you can fly based on age, even though they have never seen you fly before.

And don't ever worry, i'm always safe. I'm actually a safety officer at my field. I've been talking with numerous people about the different flying characteristics in warbirds, so its not like i'm going up in the air with absolutely no idea what the heck i'm doing. I've got lots of brain experience it terms of ground checking, i know about stalls, i test the stall rate on new airplanes, i make sure dual and high rates are set right, i program flap and elevator mix, rudder and aileron mix, and more. So I got the talent, brains, and flying experience to fly these bigger ones.

You asked where I get the money to afford all these expensive airplanes?
- I'm working 32 hours a week at an electrical company with my dad, we make electric circuit boards for cell phones, programming, and more.

I program my servos, and re-program recievers sometimes, have all the 2.4 systems hooked up.

Overall, I got the brains, experience, and talent with maturiy and safety.

Thanks
As the folks have said it is experience and desire, not age, that determines what you fly! The question about how you afford these airplanes is a little obtuse and I wouldn't have dignified it with an answer. Have fun and don't let the 'grownups' spoil your fun!