RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Dark Impact Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 12:19 PM
saleens7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Dark Impact Thread

ORIGINAL: THE HP FREAK

ORIGINAL: saleens7

I've got a Feigao 540 8S (4436kv) and a 100amp supersimple ESC from a boat, and can run it on two 2200mah 20C lipo's on parallel. Would this setup work good with the dark impact? I'm used to boats, so im not sure what i should run as far as gearing. Would this run ok with the stock gearing? Not looking for crazy speeds, maybe around 30mpg. Just want to run a cool setup, for light bashing and just messing around.
HI!... You won't be able to run twin lipo's on the DI. There's no room in the battery compartment. Tamiya designed the DI battery compartment for a traditional NiMh battery. I run a ZIPPY 7.4 volt 5800mAh and a 6000KV brushless motor with a EZ-RUN 60 amp ESC. I run 63KPH for top speed. It runs really cold. Has tons of power. I get about 35-40 minutes of run time.
Hmmmmmmm......Well I could always run a smaller spur gear if id want to run speeds near that.....the battery issue is a big one though....I'll look around for some other buggies or trucks that can handle two....and even then, i can always rig it to fit two....the batts are small, probably about 1/2 the size of an nimh...if I were to stack them on their side, next to eachother, it would be about the size of a regular nimh pack, but just a bit taller...looking at the batt compartment, i can probaby modify it to fit both of them.