RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who thinks Habus are over rated and boring?
Old 06-16-2010, 04:28 AM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Who thinks Habus are over rated and boring?

I would never go as far as to say "its the best model that I fly" [X(] I have no issues with power on the stock battery that it comes with. I am not a big fan of the elevator linkage set up. I have found my last two Habu's have had poor centring on pitch control. I have played around with my latest Bu to see if I can get things a little smoother and more accurate at the back end, I have sealed all the gaps on fuz to wing and Fuz to tail joints with silicone ( Making things a fair bit stiffer as well )
I agree that losing the U/C makes a big improvement to the way it flies.
I can also see exactly how some might go off the Habu. If flying it by yourself or not pushing the flight envelope hard it can become a little repetitive, and sure the top speed is not great, but it was never really intended as an out and out speed machine. Its plus points are far more orientated to how easy and hassle free it is to fly as appose to flat out speed.
The main thing that has kept me so enticed with my Habu is flying it alongside a friend. We have had a riot just messing around flying basic syncro stuff right through to some dog fights. It's all pretty low risk as unless you have a high speed mid air ( Opposite directions) they tend to bounce off each other. With no props to hack into the foam you usually get away with a light scuff. Only once did we need to resort to glue after 5 mid airs!
I guess what I am trying to say is that the Habu is so easy to operate that it can become boring, unless you are pushing yourself to try new things with it.
I am currently using one to teach one of my friends how to slow roll, and for that its perfect as the controls are pretty well harmonised. There is little cross mixing on control inputs ( But enough to make it a challenge), It's slow enough so as not to get away from him too quickly, as well as having time to see the effects of correct, or incorrect inputs, and best of all its low risk. It makes a big difference knowing that getting it big time wrong on a Habu will be far less financially damaging than a $10K jet.
Give it another shot Andrew and set yourself a flight task, and hopefully you can have some fun again with your Bu!
Regards Al