RCU Forums - View Single Post - wren supersport
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 11:42 AM
ron Sweeney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wren supersport

Hi David, I too have three wren turbines and would buy a fourth if I ever needed one but to over-simplify this situation would be to ignore quite a few problems that remain unresolved even with the assistance of Wren.
My 70 and SS have never given me a problem but my 44 gold has given me some grief after only a few runs resulting in a change of pump. I have personally witnessed some really frustrating episodes with my freinds SS. He is now using his third ecu which appeared to have cured his problem but this has re-appeared yesterday. After 5 uneventful flights with his new ecu he experienced flames from the exhaust during a medium throttle pass (an old problem) which resulted in a scorched tail. The frustration with this problem is that the turbine will run normally for a few flights and then emit flames from the exhaust without warning and the throttle control appears to be locked. Yes we have checked and changed the fuel sysytem. I even tried my SS ecu which has 42 hours on it and it ran perfectly. Ecu parameters have been changes without a resolution
Current thinking is that it might be the pump but my pal is so fed up with the insecurity and unpredictability that he has ordered a different turbine. And yes he has had assistance from Wren. My curiosity and thirst for an answer to this and all the other problems listed on this thread keep me interested in the solutions which I believe to be best resolved by the discussions on this thread. Ron.