RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 10C or Aurora 9 for the money?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 02:12 PM
taildragger21
My Feedback: (197)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 10C or Aurora 9 for the money?

ORIGINAL: rctom

I was so impressed with the hitec I sold the futaba after I flew it a bunch more and got my confidence back with it. I will say so far it is as rock solid as the fasst system was. I don't feel like I stepped backwards in quality and feautres eather. SOmtimes the futaba had me scratching my head with the programing. Not so with the aurora. The only think I dont like as much as fasst is that it only hops 20 channels and scan mode is useless to fly with..But I heard great reports form joe nall.. I feel this radio with the touch screen, ease of programming,fhss, flexibility, and telemetry, and rx cost is going to put a hole in the other brands market..!
OK, so you are agreeing that the Futaba FASST and Hitec AFHSS are equivalent in performance, you just believe that since Futaba hops among more channels (if it does, I'm not sure if this is documented anywhere) it seems like it ought to be better. OK, your personal opinion is as valid as anybody else's.

Why would you think scan mode is useless? I actually think it could be a life saver in certain situations. If you arrive at an event where there are lots of radios, you can enter scan mode and let the A9 pick out 20 channels that it likes the best in that environment. That seems like a pretty good idea, allowing the radio to analyze the environment and eliminate busy channels from its list of usable channels and replace them with non-busy channels. I've never used it or needed it, but I can see some potential value in being able to adapt to an environment. This would assure that it really does get the most out of the 20 channels it has assigned.

TF
Tom I agree.. Let me reword it.. I didn't mean scan mode is useless.. I guess I meant ti would be usless to fly in scan mode as it takes so long to reboot in scan mode.. I think Mike from hitec said you can run scan mode and back to normal before you fly.. That is what you meant right?? Futaba does hop around 38 channels I think??So far hitec has been bullet proof for me but it is still new to me.. I do think their system works just as well..