RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thanks, Horizon
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 09:29 AM
shaggy48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thanks, Horizon

Gotta add my two cents to why I like Horizon as well. A couple months ago I started a new project. Bought a plane that required a high servo torque. I was in the market for a new 2.4 radio anyway and I knew that if I went with the 6 volt receiver pack instead of the 4.8 that comes with the radio (DX7) I would get the torque that I needed, also we all know 6 volt is better for no brown outs too. So I bought the radio from a LHS but they did not have the 6 volt battery. So the guy in the store got on his computer and ordered the battery from Horizon for me. I paid for the battery right there also. A week later the battery comes in and I go get it. Turns out it's the wrong battery. The LHS guy tells me I'm just out of luck - they wouldn't send it back or exchange it or anything. I was on my own. So I called Horizon and explained the situation, and they said no problem just send it back and order the right one. I did so and my opinion of Horizon's customer service was cemented positively since then. I've since bought two engines and other parts from them and I've not been back to that LHS since. Too bad too because we only had two LHS in my area and one went out of the business and the one remaining is the one that I wont buy from anymore. Lots of other people have told me they don't like the service there either. Horizon is usually my first choice for online purchases unless they just don't have what I need. Horizon also just started customer service on Saturdays which is great for those of us who are not retired. Hope they keep up the good customer service.

Shaggy