RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thanks, Horizon
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 07:09 PM
shaggy48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thanks, Horizon

Richg99
There are times I might take such an approach but this isn't one of them. Stores establish their policies because they believe its better for them and their business. If I thought it would do any good I would have explained to the owner that, that was not the way to do business. But that would have been very arrogant of me and I wasn't about to argue with him so I said nothing. After all, who am I to tell them how to run their business? Just a customer. If they don't appreciate my business I will simply go someplace where they do.

This particular store is operated by a father and son team. No other employees. The son was the one who ordered the item and I guess knowing the "policy" he asked the Dad who said sorry you're out of luck. This store was also recently purchased so they are new management so to speak. I wish them well and hope they are able to turn the business around, but they're not off to a good start. I could have gone online myself and ordered the battery I needed. Didn't need them to do it but I was already there. Anyway this thread was about a place that seems to appreciate my business i.e. Horizon - And thats why I continue to do business with them. Great customer service. This is a hobby, not life and death and all the dollars people spend are excess funds that could be spent otherwise. Only a fool alienates his customers.

Shaggy