RCU Forums - View Single Post - erevo is slow?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Ellis420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default erevo is slow?

Hi guys, rc newbie and especially electric newbie.

I picked up a used e-revo that was born brushless, with a new evx-2 and new and broken in titan 775. it has centre diff, swaybars, buggy tires and other stuff.

from what i was told, it was stock gearing.

so today i finally got my 2s lipos running, i set the truck up, and its slow. good response but it doesnt take off like others i see on youtube etc. probably only does 20 or 30kmh. reverse kicks in faster than forward, it can kinda tilt the back up in grass going from stop to full reverse, but forward from stop no wheelie, not even close.

im wondering if maybe i need to set the esc? far as i know it should be set already. batteries were all charged to within .1 of 4.20
could it be the centre diff? i doubt it has the stock oil in it.

its got the right speed for a track, minus a straight, i dont understand. i thought it would be as fast or faster than my nitro buggy(vx .18), but the buggy with 1 gear and a broken 2nd gear is faster. i WILL go to the track, but it will be for bashing more so, and a slow vehicle is no good to bash!

it was rebuilt before i bought it by a guy that raced it for a year or so, so im left wondering whats going on. hoping i dont need to start disassembling it, since i dont know how the revo is built yet.

thanks