RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engel TAE or TMAX???
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 06:03 AM
subsinker
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engel TAE or TMAX???

Tom,

The biggest difference between the TMAX system and the TAES is the ability to change the volume of each individual piston tank, for balance or trim. You will need a transmitter radio with two proportional sliders to be able to do this. If memory serves me right you also need an extra channel for this feature. So you would need at least a 7 channel radio. In this role, the venerable Robbe F-14 works well. I currently have a Typhoon with the TMAX and a Gato with TAES. Both are VERY fine systems and rock solid performers. You can't go wrong with either.

As for building an Engel boat, they are works of art to be sure. Engineered very well and excellent performers. However, after building a few of them, I would not recommend them to someone that has never built one. If you have your heart set on one though, a good choice may be the Lafayette class boat. I built one of these several years ago, much easier to put together and trim out and could be considered a beginners boat. I have a few pictures of ours running in Carmel Indiana a few years that are posted in my gallery. Check it out if you wish.

Hope that helps,
Pete