RCU Forums - View Single Post - Contra Rotating Propeller Drive for f3a 2m Pattern Planes
Old 06-29-2010, 07:00 PM
Brenner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Contra Rotating Propeller Drive for f3a 2m Pattern Planes

Hey Jason,

I'm really loathe to mention a specific number right now because we haven't worked out any formal pricing since we have no idea of what the demand for something like this would be. I personally would like to get the price as low as possible to get the technology within reach of the average flyer, but Mike is concerned (and rightly so ...) that the potential market is too small for it make sense for us to spend any money on tooling or fixtures that would bring the price down.

So right now we are going to focus on exploring and proving out the theoretical benefits through flight testing, etc. We figure this should be easy to prove one way or another, because everyone knows how well I fly and how well I do against competition, and if I can't improve my scores then the Contra is not much more than an interesting toy, but if my scores do improve, we'll have to move forward with plans to make the technology available to everyone.

As far as fitting on to a Neu motor is concerned, I'm not familiar with design of the Neu, but I can't imagine why it couldn't be fitted with a Contra drive.