RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio controlled servo?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 04:39 PM
dknovick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio controlled servo?

ORIGINAL: IYIaster

Look at the site they offer a newer version of the control board www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1352 This one is 12 channels so I should be able to control 12 servos correct? Also it's USB and that will work better considering I don't have a serial port on my computer. lol

Also the servo motors that I would like to control are not going to be in the same area. So I'm guessing I will need one XBee TX for the control board and one for each servo motor?
So let me lay this all out for you, and maybe this will answer some of your questions.

The XBee USB (or XBee dongle) plugs into your computer via USB. To your computer it will look like a serial port. The Xbee transceiver (it's a TX and RX) sits on top of the Xbee USB and converts any of your serial commands into a wireless signal.

A separate Xbee transceiver, the Serial servo controller board and a battery sit some distance away from your computer. This second Xbee receives the signals from the first Xbee (which is connected to your computer) and converts them back into a serial signal which is sent to the serial servo controller and moves the servos around.

-=-=-=-
So the newer control board WILL NOT work, since it's USB. You NEED a serial interface for this to work. How many servos do you want to control?

Let me know if you need any more information.

-Dave