RCU Forums - View Single Post - 42% Super Decathlon Build
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Kellermann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 42% Super Decathlon Build

Hey Frank
I´m flattered by your words. And yes, I happen to have fallen in love with Decathlons and love them in any size. But I really get upset when I see how many lookalikes are on the market out there, really few have true scale (or very close) outlines, especially on the nose area. I have addressed that a couple of times in other Decathlon threads, if the Cowl isn´t right, no matter how correct and well built the rest of the airplane is, it will look wrong. And the opposite is true as wel, if the cowl DOES look right, no matter how "wrong" the other areas of the plane are, it will look like a Decathlon.

That´s why I am happy to have been able to help Michel and Vincent a little when developing the mold for the cowl of this 42% beauty a couple of years ago. Nevertheless, I oversaw one little flaw which I don´t know if it has yet been corrected - however, Ken did the correction on his model: There should be NO protuberant spinner ring - the full size cowl is flush with the rest - and the splitting cut on the spinner ring must be slanted upwards to allow for reaching the prop hub hole, just as on the full scale. If necessary, ask Ken to post the pix again...
Sorry, maybe I am rushing ahead - but this is really important for the overall look, IMHO...

I am working on the last of the Mohawks - the last built up SD on my stock...this time in yellow. Will post pix later, just to get the juices flowing.

Nuff said, have a nice Sunday

Marcus