RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lama V4 vibration - what to check for?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 02:14 AM
pgroom_68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lama V4 vibration - what to check for?

ORIGINAL: btm123
Thanks again Peter,
Still not sure about this one.
I adjusted the 4 in 1 and had things pretty smooth with the stock blades. A bit of slight wobble powering up through the slower revs but smooth once up to speed. Much better anyway.
But I then put the Xtreme blades back on and its back how it was, so I'm thinking one of these is out of balance or warped.
I have 4 more new Xtreme blades in a packet so will change them all and see what happens next.
Tried the Big Lama again though and that is super smooth, so something isn't quite right with the V4, it isn't just my imagination. Hopefully it will just be the blades.
Will let you know how I get on - I've run out of time for a couple of days now.
Hey again mate,

When you do get time - you should static balance your blades as well. It seems (from what you've said) that one out-of-a-pair of blades is heavier than the other. This shouldn't make a big diff. unless the diff. is huge - but obviously there are other factors as well. A new Extreme warped blade is a possibility - although remote also.
If you change blades for other Extremes and the wobble is still there - it may be the shaft bent - and only with performance blades you notice it. There is one more possibility - [sm=72_72.gif]that the "top link" (which you spent a lot of time adjusting for the stock blades) may be damaged in some way, so it cannot be adjusted for the Extremes......sound feasible??[sm=49_49.gif]

You can balance each individual blade by measuring its weight with its "paired" opposite. You may add weight to the lighter of the two, by adding electrical tape to a non-conspicuous place (usually the underside near the middle).
...Or (pic below). This identifies the heavier vs lighter blade if you don't want to remove individual blades and weight them with digital scales (or you just don't any any accurate scales)
When you have the two blades fairly close it will run a lot smoother.........

Anyway, I hope your luck improves, and I'm glad you are having great success with the BOL mate!

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43415.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1467178