RCU Forums - View Single Post - world models intruder
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 05:43 AM
ChiefK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: world models intruder

ORIGINAL: stuntflyr

C/L Old Time had a hard rule about ''published, or kitted'' and several very well known and desireable models were illegal. Made for hard feelings from 30 years ago which still are felt today. The majority of the contests held now allow Old Time models from the era if they were known to be built and flown before the cut off date. A much better solution, I feel.

In any case, the legal model list for SPA has two Intruders listed; Kirkland Intruder and World Models Intruder.

Chris...
This is the same situation we have in SPA today. The WM Intruder was supposedly included on the "approved" list because it was said to be an accurate rendition of the Kirkland Intruder. I gather that turned out NOT to be true, but once listed it was allowed to stay on the list. OK... I have no problem with that. The problem is that some take the list as gospel and object to others stretching the fuselage or otherwise making fairly extreme modifications to the approved designs, and others feel free to apply the "duck" rule any way they feel is necessary. Back to my Mustang X example... what's the difference between stretching the fuselage of a Dirty Birdy 6 or 8 inches to make the CG easier to obtain with an OS .91 (a legal engine) in the nose, and enlarging the Mustang X eight to ten percent to allow use of a 2-stroke .60 (also a legal engine)?

The lack of specificity in the rules is what continues to drive these conflicting opinions.

ChiefK