RCU Forums - View Single Post - Is there any way to use the DX7SE with a simulator?
Old 07-17-2010, 10:15 AM
mydartswinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is there any way to use the DX7SE with a simulator?

FSOne came out in about 2006/2007, and was distributed by Horizon Hobby. IMO, it was a good simulator, albeit a bit limited to the aircraft that you can fly, flying fields, and expansions. Some say the physics weren't as good as RealFlight (G3/G3.5 at the time). Most of the included fields were photofields. The included aircraft were aircraft distributed by Horizon (Hangar 9, E-Flite, JR Helicopter), plus a couple of BVM Jets and a couple of "fantasy" aircraft. They did offer a Hangar Pack for it, which included a few more aircraft and flying fields, as well as an update to the software. It was a bit better for slower computers. Horizon/Intersoft fell off after a year or 2 with upgrades and support for the simulator. They even began offering it for $100 with a controller (it was originally $200 like RealFlight). FSOne was dropped by Horizon sometime last year and replaced by Phoenix.

I have a copy of it, but my cable is currently in transit from overseas. If I had my cable, I would be using it in conjunction with RealFlight G4.5.