RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need your help, Spektrum Dx6i and Taimya DMD
Old 07-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Flyn Chris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need your help, Spektrum Dx6i and Taimya DMD

ORIGINAL: Pzjgr

Ok, all my tanks are set the same, drive on right stick, control turret on left. This is how I set the left stick to fire main gun by throwing the left stick all the way up and machine gun by throwing the left stick down...first make sure that all setting on transmitter are set to default (undo Jeff's settings), then reset DMD and go through setting up the sticks...up/down/left/right. Once that's all done this is how I set mine up, on the transmitter go to your settings screen, then to sub trim, on Thro your going to increase to +55 (roll the roller to the right), once set to +55 with tank on throw the left stick all the way up....it should fire. The machine gun is easy, exit the screen and on the left stick vertical trim set it all the way to the bottom...now when you throw the stick down the machine gun should fire. This is my mickey mouse way but it works.
Alrighty then, after having the KV-2 sitting on the bench for several months I had a free afternoon to work on the radio once more. I tore everything apart reset everything to default and starting over from the beginning.

First up after binding the receiver to the TX, I started with configuring the DMD/MF-6 left stick control turret and Main gun with right stick controlling tank. First I tried Jeff489’s idea with setting the over travel on the DX6i throttle to +125 but slapping the stick or down fired neither the main gun or machine gun. Then I Pzjgr’s idea of setting the sub trim on the trottle to +55, Whoopiee, the main gun fires, with flash and recoil!!! Instead of adjusting the throttle trim all the way down, I just used the engine cut button to fire the hull machine gun.

Next was to get the tank out of neutral, but following the instructions of putting the down trim on the elevator all way down and moving the right stick down and back to neutral and re-centering the trim had no result. So taking a clue from main gun issue, I played around with the sub travel for the elevator, I found that setting the elevator sub trim to -30 worked with the above Tamiya procedure in getting the KV-2 into gear.

Success, I now have an operational tank!!! The brake light worked great at first but after a while it stopped working and I never could get the headlight to work but I’ll save that for some later tinkering, now on to getting the IR working.

I had Phil from RC Tank Wars do a massive upgrade on my HL Tiger 1 which included DBC-DBU IR Tamiya compatible Battle system. Fired up both tanks with them facing each other at about 4’ distance. I fired the MG on Tiger and the KV reacted however firing the MG on the KV had no effect on the Tiger. I originally plugged the IR LED to the CN-2 slot but that didn’t work so I tried the only other free 2-pin slot and that was CN-5 and that had no effect, so I put it back to CN-2 per the Tamiya instructions. I tried firing each tank at itself in the mirror but that had no effect, I wonder if these tanks are set up to ignore there own fire?

Any suggestions???