RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need your help, Spektrum Dx6i and Taimya DMD
Old 07-19-2010, 05:31 PM
Flyn Chris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need your help, Spektrum Dx6i and Taimya DMD

ORIGINAL: Panther G

i'm not going too bag on any body's choice of radio, but why do you guys use the spectrum's? I can understand wanting more channels but with the 2 Futaba Skysport 2.4's and the 75 MgH. I have i have never had a problem. I never really needed to do much programing. Turn everything on and check function thats it. Now i do add fire control buttons on my radios, which then gives me 6 channels. The mod is so easy I just cant see the need for a more expensive 6 channel computerized radio. Is it just for the model memory? What is the advantage of using a 200.00 dollar radio, when a 99.00 dollar one works very well.
For me, I picked it because a lot of people seem to be using them, the idea of one radio needed for up to 10 different tanks/planes/cars what have you. It was a pain to set-up and I'm still tinkering with it but the ability to fire either MG or the machine gun with out having to play with the trim tabs is nice and as I'm ham fisted with a soldering pen, it's all done electronically.