RCU Forums - View Single Post - Programming Flaps and Ailerons~DX6i
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 12:27 PM
krashkart
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming Flaps and Ailerons~DX6i

I flew some 30+ years ago and did OK with it but it's been a long time. I built and played with a Slow Stick electric for a little while and go bored pretty quick.
So now I am building a Hangar 9 Ultra Stick 40 and doing it with both ailerons and flaps on the wings on the 4 control surfaces. I was told even though I only had an AR 6200 and DX6i at this point that I should go ahead and put the 4 control surfaces on the wings for future use and upgrades of both skills and radio gear. This is assuming the plane survives!
I found that my flaps button did not work when plugged into the Aux1 position (I guess it needs to be programmed) but it does work on the gear switch.
I was alsotold at one point that it would be nicer and easier to put the ailerons on separate channels (rather than using a "Y" harness)using the ailerons and Aux1 positions to make them both adjustable. I was told I could do this via the WingTail Mix and DUALAILE selections on the DX6I.
So if I understand the ailerons OK how do I move the Flaps control which by default is on the gear switch to the flap switch? I suppose I could just use the gear switch but I might as well make it right if I can. And I assume travel is adjustable there too?
These new radios are rather confusing to me compared to the old stuff I had 30+ years ago.
But so far learning the new build methods and radio stuff has been fun.
Now if I can just learn to stay clear of that CA glue on my fingers!
Pretty quick I have to start considering breaking in the Saito 82 for this plane which should give me 72 performance at my altitude.