Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Beginners
Reload this Page >

Programming Flaps and Ailerons~DX6i

Notices
Beginners Beginners in RC start here for help.

Programming Flaps and Ailerons~DX6i

Old 07-20-2010, 12:27 PM
krashkart
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming Flaps and Ailerons~DX6i

I flew some 30+ years ago and did OK with it but it's been a long time. I built and played with a Slow Stick electric for a little while and go bored pretty quick.
So now I am building a Hangar 9 Ultra Stick 40 and doing it with both ailerons and flaps on the wings on the 4 control surfaces. I was told even though I only had an AR 6200 and DX6i at this point that I should go ahead and put the 4 control surfaces on the wings for future use and upgrades of both skills and radio gear. This is assuming the plane survives!
I found that my flaps button did not work when plugged into the Aux1 position (I guess it needs to be programmed) but it does work on the gear switch.
I was alsotold at one point that it would be nicer and easier to put the ailerons on separate channels (rather than using a "Y" harness)using the ailerons and Aux1 positions to make them both adjustable. I was told I could do this via the WingTail Mix and DUALAILE selections on the DX6I.
So if I understand the ailerons OK how do I move the Flaps control which by default is on the gear switch to the flap switch? I suppose I could just use the gear switch but I might as well make it right if I can. And I assume travel is adjustable there too?
These new radios are rather confusing to me compared to the old stuff I had 30+ years ago.
But so far learning the new build methods and radio stuff has been fun.
Now if I can just learn to stay clear of that CA glue on my fingers!
Pretty quick I have to start considering breaking in the Saito 82 for this plane which should give me 72 performance at my altitude.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:31 AM
krashkart
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Programming Flaps and Ailerons~DX6i

OK, I guess I have asked an impossible question.
So I did some reading in the manual.
Unlike my other hobby, ham radio, I find that the switches andfunctionsare not able to be reassigned on the DX6i.
I also now see that apparently the radio is designed to use the Aux1 function as the flaps when activated which precludes using the Aux1 for aileron control in my case and that's fine too.
I am becoming more familiar with the radio as I go.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Adui

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Programming Flaps and Ailerons~DX6i

Greetings,

I have the same radio. I programed Flaperons and use them in the manner you described. However, if I understand correctly you will have to use a single port for Ailerons and the aux port for flaps if you want to have both flaps and ailerons. Use a y harness for each if you use two servos for the rons and you will be fine. Just dont forget to add up elevator mix to the flaps or you could get a surprise!!

Bottom line, you cant to my knowledge have both a separate flap and aileron set up and not use a y for the ailerons and flaps if you use two servos for the ailerons..