RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig LT40 or GP PT40 for first build in ten years?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:01 AM
wazzbat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sig LT40 or GP PT40 for first build in ten years?

Hi to everyone.

Iam keen to get back into the hobby after having a short crack at it ten years ago. Back then, I built a Hustler MKIII from kit form. Not sure how many will know of this plane because I think it was built in South Australia by Aeroflyte. Anyway, to cut a long story short, it wasn't checked properly before it's maiden flight and it turns out I didn't glue the push rod tubes in and they just flexed when trying to pull out of a loop and - Crash! Apart from that, the guy who took it up there said that it was a very nice plane to fly so I must have built some parts of it OK???

So ten years later here I am trying to find another trainer kit in Perth -Westen Australia and there isn't much around. The only two I can find are the Great Planes PT-40 @ $180.00 AU which is kind of local or the SIG LT-40 @ $260.00 AU which would have to be sent from the Eastern States. So what I am after are your opinions on which would be the better kit in terms of ease of building and learning to fly and also value for money keeping in mind that (I think) the SIG comes with a few more included parts compared to the PT-40?

Look forward to hearing what everyone has to say!

Cheers