RCU Forums - View Single Post - MVVS 21's
Thread: MVVS 21's
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 04:39 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: MVVS 21's

Somehow, MVVS always was blamed for something! One day, we had a discussion at a contest about their noise. I asked:"what about that?" The official said:"they are too loud!, Good thing is there were no MVVS about today"
So I told the poor soul: "Care to look at MY engine? It's an MVVS, and you even have not noticed it was there? Why blame MVVS whilst it is the pilot who should be blamed?"

I got tired of fighting this battle. Let them simmer on a low fire, and be done with it. Noise issues is pilot error. Or better maybe: "pilot ignorance?"
so let's work on that!
Rules prohibit anything but a standard muffler. MVVS does not have a standard muffler. So what now? Rules prohibit a tuned pipe! MVVS has a small muffler that comes on song at about 17,000 rpm; a noisy device if I may say so, but is is a "standard" side dump muffler. MVVS also offers a "sort of" mousse can device, known as the black tuned muffler. DANG! TUNED! oops, it's a muffler, not a pipe? OR IS IT? Nobody seems to know the difference between a tuned pipe and a muffler, which is much like an occarino, so tuned as well!
These kind of rules, not weighted down by the burden of knowledge, are choking the sport to death! One of the main causes for MVVS to close the door for the little mighty one.
RIP