RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pica Duellist
Thread: Pica Duellist
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2002, 02:32 AM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Duellist

ChuckAuger, I will probably end up with only one change to the Duellist. I have a matched symmetric pair of K&B 40's, set up for horizontal mounting. This lets me stick both cylinder heads out between the nacelles and the fuselage. Gives a much nicer side view. From either side. Only from the top or bottom will you see engine bits sticking out. This was a hold up in starting construction, as I had to find reversed mufflers also. Finally found them, the company had gone out of business. I was able to raid the owner's remaining stock, (with his permission) and get the ones I needed. The only hardware item I'm waiting for now is the reverse rotation crank, it's been on order from MECOA/K&B for over a year - he keeps saying "Real Soon, Now." While there probably wont be enough difference in two engined flight to notice, when you reverse the right engine you no longer have a "Critical" engine. For that I think it's worth it. I have enough twin experience that I'm not a rank beginner, but I am far from expert. I will add, though, that in talking with Joe Bridi, (You've heard of the KAOS? That's just one of his designs) I found he agrees that all thrust and incidence angles should be zero-zero.

With a twin in the air, you're really somewhere!

WLR